When you come across shampoo ads or even look at every actress ever, have you noticed their silky shiny hair? I mean, of course, you have! We are all looking for something similar, aren’t we? However, most of us end up doing nothing about it because we feel that lustrous hair means burning a hole in your wallet. But ladies, you don’t need an expensive spa anymore. You can enjoy fabulous hair right in the comfort of your home. And, you don’t even have to spend anything extra. Just a few ingredients from your kitchen and you are all set. How? Take a look at these amazing DIY hair mask for gorgeous and glossy locks.
1. Avocado And Milk
Apart from enjoying avocados on toasts and as Guacamole, you can also make use of this wondrous fruit in your hair mask for shiny and hydrated locks. So, if you are someone who is suffering from dull and dry hair, an avocado hair mask is perfect for you.
- Take an avocado and scoop of its pulp and put it in a bowl.
- Using a spoon or a spatula, mask it nicely.
- Now, add about ½ cup milk and a tablespoon of almond oil.
- Mix these ingredients into a smooth paste. Voila! your avocado hair mask is ready.
- Apply this paste on your hair and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
2. Honey, Egg, And Apple Cider Vinegar
Don’t worry, we are not talking about making a dessert here using honey and eggs, in fact, these ingredients are exceptional when it comes to reversing dry hair. Yes, it is one of the best hair masks. It not only adds shine to your mane, but it also provides nourishment. How to make this mask? Take a look.
- Take a small bowl and combine 1 egg, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV).
- Now, whisk it all together and apply your homemade hair mask to tangle-free hair.
- Let it sit for about 40 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it and you can apply conditioner after to get rid of the egg smell.
3. Creamy Yogurt
With the increasing pollution, our mane goes through a tough time every day. And this means, once in a while, it needs some TLC and nourishment to make sure it doesn’t lose its sheen. A bowl of yogurt does just that! It smoothens your hair, makes it healthy, and adds that gorgeous shine. For this best homemade hair mask;
- Take enough yogurt to cover your hair and also the roots.
- Apply it thoroughly.
- Now, scoop some yogurt in your hand and massage your roots with it.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- If necessary, you can use a mild shampoo and then conditioner. Easy and best hair mask, isn’t it?
4. Coconut oil, Sugar And Essential Oil
If you are someone who is suffering from a flaky scalp then you have come to the right place. Now, just like your skin needs a good exfoliation, your scalp needs one too. This recipe does just that and you can also use it as a facial or body scrub. Bonus! Why this works? The sugar present breaks down to glycolic acid, which helps get rid of dead skin cells. Coconut oil contains fatty acids and has anti-inflammatory benefits. Finally, peppermint oil leads to good circulation and tee tree oil is antibacterial and antifungal. For this coconut oil hair mask;
- Take 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil, 4 tablespoons of sugar, and a couple of drops of peppermint and tea tree essential oil in a bowl.
- Give it a good mix.
- Wet your hair and using your fingers to massage it on your scalp.
- Remember to be gentle.
- Now, let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse it off.
- You can do this while in the shower.
5. Banana, Coconut oil, And Honey
Bananas are exquisite. They are rich in potassium and vitamin A, E, and C. And these elements help keep your hair healthy and shiny. Honey and coconut oil used in the mask help hydrate your mane, making it frizz-free. For this banana, honey, and coconut oil hair mask;
- Take two ripe bananas in a bowl and mash it well using a spoon. You can also use a blender if required.
- Now, to the mashed banana, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix it well.
- Apply the mixture evenly on your hair and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Finally, wash it off with cold water.
6. Cinnamon And Coconut Oil
Is your hair not growing fast enough? Well, fret not, this hair mask is going to do wonders. Cinnamon helps stimulate blood circulation, leading to hair growth, while also strengthening it.
- Take equal parts of coconut oil and cinnamon and give it a nice mix.
- First, apply the mixture on your scalp and then massage it gently.
- Let it sit for about 45 minutes and then wash it off.
- You can do this DIY hair mask every week for a couple of months.
7. Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, And Castor Oil
For dull and damaged hair, make use of this mask regularly. This will ensure strong roots and will provide the necessary nourishment that your mane needs. Also, this will decrease hair fall. You can also add a few drops of essential oils if required.
- In a bowl, take 2 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of almond oil and 1 teaspoon of Castrol oil.
- Mix them well and apply on your hair and roots.
- Let this DIY hair mask sit for at least an hour or you can also leave it overnight for better results.
- Wash it off with shampoo and conditioner.
- NOTE: Always do a patch test before you proceed to rule out any allergy.
8. Argan Oil
Argan oil is an exceptional hair mask for you, and probably the easiest too. For this hair mask, apply pure argan oil on your scalp and hair and let it sit overnight. Then, in the morning, wash it off with a mild shampoo. Do this twice a week for great results. However, keep in mind that always purchase superior quality argan oil for amazing results.
Okra or ladies finger is not just great for curries but is also an excellent hair mask. For this;
- Take a pan with one cup of water and add 8-10 okra in it.
- Bring it to boil (you will notice slimy substance).
- Then, let it cool down.
- Blend the mixture using a blender.
- Apply the liquid evenly to your hair.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Then, wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Don’t forget the conditioner!
10. Rice water
Rice water is a great hair mask for lustrous hair. For this, take rice water in a spray bottle and evenly coat your hair and scalp. Let it sit for 30 minutes to one hour and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- To make rice water, boil one cup rice in five cups water.
- Keep stirring it occasionally to avoid burning.
- Once the rice is cooked, strain the water and use it for a DIY hair mask.
- In the second method, you can soak rice in two cups of water overnight. Strain the liquid in the morning and use it for your DIY hair mask!
These were some of our DIY hair mask recipes. These recipes have proven their worth. However, always do a patch test before you proceed to make sure you aren’t allergic to anything. Happy masking. For any suggestions, write to us at email@example.com