What do you do when hunger pangs don’t let you sleep and your fridge is almost empty? Maybe going grocery shopping is still due? Or maybe you just haven’t found the time. Well, whatever the reason is, fret not! We bring you recipes for easy meals with ingredients you already have. These recipes are simple, delicious, and tried and tested, so don’t overthink it and put your Masterchef cap on.
Rice With Herbs and Potato Balls
This is a little fancy and truly delicious, and you can make this easy recipe with ingredients you already have For this, you will need;
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tomato
- 1 capsicum
- 1 onion
- Let’s make the potato balls first. In a bowl, peel your boiled potatoes, add cornflour, and all-purpose flour. Add salt accordingly and you can add chili powder and herbs, but that’s completely optional.
- Now, heat oil in a pan and mix the mixture well and give it a round shape.
- Once the oil is heated, fry them and set them aside once they turn golden brown.
- Now, take a separate pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add chopped onions and capsicum and give it a stir.
- After 5 minutes, add chopped tomatoes and cover the pan with a lid. Let the tomatoes cook well.
- Then, add the potato balls and stir it. Finally, add your cooked rice and season it with salt, pepper, chili powder, and mixed herbs.
- Turn off the heat and grate some cheese on the rice before you serve!
For this recipe, you can skip capsicum if you don’t have any and use veggies of your choice.
This happens to me very often where I end up craving a dessert in the middle of the night when all the stores are closed. And, if that’s the case with you too then this easy recipe with ingredients you already have is definitely for you. For this you will need;
- Vanilla ice cream
- chocolate sauce
- Cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
- Baking soda
- First, let bake the cake in the microwave. In a microwave-safe cup, mix 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, a pinch of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon oil, and give it a mix using water for a batter-like consistency.
- Just use the heating option on microwave and do it for 3 minutes.
- Voila! Your cake is ready.
- Now, melt some chocolate in the microwave.
- Now, take a fresh bowl and first place your cake.
- Top it off with some chocolate sauce and melted chocolate.
- Now, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and add more chocolate sauce and melted chocolate on top.
- Your delicious chocolate Sunday is ready!
For this easy meal with ingredients you already have, you will need;
- Corn flour
- All-purpose flour
- Soy sauce
- Tomato ketchup
- Almost any veggie would do, such as mushrooms, capsicum, corn, cauliflower, and potatoes.
- Take a bowl with 1/2 cup cornflour 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, and add water to turn it into a batter. Make sure it is not too thin.
- Add salt, chili powder, and pepper accordingly.
- Now, heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, dip the veggie of your choice and drop it into the hot oil.
- Fry all your veggies.
- Once they are golden brown, take them off the oil and keep them aside.
- In a separate pan, add one tablespoon oil and add some chopped onions.
- Once they are translucent, add one teaspoon soy sauce, tomato ketchup, and cornflour mix (1 tablespoon cornflour and 1/2 cup water).
- Immediately, add your spices- chili powder, pepper, and salt.
- Now, mix your fried veggies in the sauce.
- Stir it well and top it off with spring onions if you have them handy.