Natural Way to Get Rid of Dark Circles Around Eyes
Dark circles in one of the most common problems faced by several of us today. And, eyes being the most prominent feature, even the circles get highlighted. Well, the reason why you are suffering from dark circles is mostly because of lack of sleep, stress, hereditary, or an unhealthy lifestyle. So, before you can proceed with our tried and tested, best home remedy for dark circles, there are a few things you must keep in mind to get rid of dark circles.
- You must sleep for at least 7 hours every night
- Avoid stress
- Consume a balanced diet
- Be very careful of what you apply around your eyes because the skin there is extremely sensitive and chemical-infused products could damage it.
Now that it’s clear, let’s proceed and take a look at the top 5 natural ways to get rid of dark circles around the eyes.
Tomato and Lemon Juice
One of the best home remedies for dark circles is definitely tomato and lemon concoction. Tomato and lemon juice are both powerful bleaching agents. But applying this mixture directly around your eyes is not the right way to go. So, for this, you will need, 1 tablespoon chickpea flour or besan, a pink of turmeric, 1 tablespoon tomato juice, and half tablespoon of lemon juice. Give it all a good mix and apply the mixture around your eyes for 10 minutes. Once you are done, wash it gently with cold water. Tomatoes are in fact great as they are rich in iron, vitamin A, and C. So, including them in your diet regularly can also help reduce your dark circles.
This other method makes use of nutmeg for dark circles and it actually works. Just take powdered nutmeg, enough to cover the area around your eyes, and mix it with raw milk to form a paste. Now, apply it generously and let it sit till it slightly dries and then wash it off with cold water. Do this at least twice a week for effective results. This is one of the best home remedies for dark circles out there.
Potatoes offer you one of the best home remedies for dark circles. With mild bleaching properties present in them, they can not only help you get rid of your dark circles, but they can also rectify your tanned skin. So, for this, juice a potato and dip a cotton pad in the liquid. Now, apply it all over your eyes and let it sit for at least 15 minutes. Then wash it off with cold water. You can always refrigerate the remaining potato juice and do it regularly for the best results.
Juice half a cucumber and add equal parts of rose water. Dip a cotton pad into the mixture and apply it evenly around your eyes. In fact, you can also place the cotton pad on your eyes and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. It will not only help you get rid of the dark circles, but it will also help reduce any eye strain and relieve you of stress. Again, you can refrigerate the remaining liquid and use this natural remedy for dark circles every day.
Almond oil is a great and natural way to get rid of dark circles, thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and hydrating properties. Vitamin oil is rich in Vitamin K, E, and retinol, so using organic cold-pressed almond oil every night around your eyes can do wonders for your dark circles. It is also great as a face moisturizer. You can also apply a mixture of almond oil and honey to elevate the process.
What Diet You Must Follow To Prevent Dark Circles?
- Include tomatoes in your diet. Since they are high in anti-oxidants, it enhances the blood circulation and protects your blood vessels. Tomatoes are also rich in vitamin K, C and potassium.
- Cucumbers help rehydrate your skin and even boost the collagen production. In fact, if you are someone suffering from an uneven skin tone, including cucumbers can help solve the problem.
- Watermelons are rich in antioxidants and also contain beta carotene, which is good for your eye health. Therefore, consume lots of melons as they are also rich in vitamin B1, B6, and C.
- Blueberries are rich in Omega 3, vitamin C, and K. They help enhance the circulation in the eyes and protect the blood vessels.
- Vitamin E rich foods.
- Include oranges in your meals as they are rich in vitamin C and A, which means, they help boost collagen production ensuring a beautiful skin.
- Beetroots are great too. They are rich in vitamin C and magnesium and help reduce the dark circles.
- Papayas are good for you as they are rich in vitamin A, magnesium, and vitamin C.
- Finally, drink lots and lots of water as it is important to keep yourself hydrated.
What Causes Dark Circles?
Dark circles are a common problem today suffered by both men and women. They are most common in the elderly, people who suffer from hyperpigmentation, and fatigue. The most common causes of dark circles are;
- Overexposure of the sun
Therefore, instead of using creams and cosmetics, try to eat a balanced diet and try to keep stress away. And not to forget, keep yourself hydrated with lots of water. However, if none of the tips help, then it is time to consult a dermatologist. Finally, after a stressful day, always use cold tea bags on your eyes to enhance the appearance of your eyes. And remember, sleep is essential. You must get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night. In fact, oversleeping too can cause dark circles. Hence, get a good night’s sleep.
We hope you give these tips a try. And, as mentioned earlier, if the home remedies don’t work out for you, seek help from a doctor. But also it is essential to be patient. Home remedies take a few months. So, do it regularly and wait for a while.
If you want to share your stories or suggestions with us, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org